Health New Zealand: Care in the Community update for primary care
We would be grateful if you can please pass on the following COVID-19 Care in the Community updates to your networks where relevant.
COVID-19 Care in the Community
- A new video of Director-General Dr Ashley Bloomfield promoting mask use has been released as part of the Ministry of Health’s ongoing winter wellness campaign.
COVID-19 Clinical Care Module update
- The next CCCM update is due for release on Wednesday 29th June at 11.59pm, and invitations to a demonstration on Thursday 30th June about these changes have been sent out to the primary care sector. For more information, please contact CITC@contacttracing.health.nz.
- A second COVID-19 vaccine booster has been recommended for those at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 – a minimum of 6 months after a first booster.
- Free flu vaccinations have been extended to include tamariki aged 3 to 12 years and people with serious mental health or addiction needs, which will start from 1 July.
- The Ministry of Health has published the Aotearoa New Zealand’s Strategic Framework for COVID-19 Variants of Concern as there is a high likelihood that a new COVID-19 variant of concern will emerge within coming weeks or months.
Noho ora mai