HNZ: Workforce survey - Abortion Services (closes on 31 Oct)
Manatū Hauora (the Ministry of Health) is responsible for abortion. The work programme for abortion services aims to ensure equity, accessible, person-centred and quality abortion services.
One of the ways that will help us to achieve this is understanding the current abortion health workforce, as well as those are interested in providing abortion care.
Manatū Hauora has developed a survey for health practitioners including medical practitioners, nurses, midwives, as well as social workers or counsellors who may provide counselling. The survey will cover questions like
- what you know about abortion
- if you currently provide abortion care (and if you want to provide more than you currently do), or, if you would consider providing abortion care
- If you currently provide LARC contraceptive services
- your opportunities for better service response to Māori and whānau and health equity
- what your understanding of culturally safe services is
- whether there are any barriers to service provision.
This information will help us learn more about the diversity of the workforce, what quality and cultural safety practices are currently in place, and where Manatū Hauora can support the sector to improve.
We would appreciate you sharing this survey with your health networks
The survey will run from 15 September until 31 October and takes about 10 minutes to complete.
In order to get a wide range of feedback, we would appreciate you sharing this survey with your health networks.
The survey is a chance for health practitioners to shape what future abortion services could look like for people and their whanau. The feedback will be collated and shared once completed. It will help to inform future work.
If you wanted to talk to us about our broader programme of work, or have questions about this survey, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vladka on behalf of
Ng ā whakatahe, Abortion Services
Quality Assurance and Safety
Manatū Hauora, 133 Molesworth Street Thorndon, Wellington 6011