We would be grateful if you can pass on the following COVID-19 Care in the Community updates to your networks where relevant.
COVID-19 Care in the Community
- The Ministry of Health has published a new video for older and disabled people who need to isolate with COVID-19
- From 11.59pm Monday 20 June, travellers coming to New Zealand no longer need to take a COVID-19 pre-departure test.
- One million New Zealanders have already received their flu vaccine in time for winter. That’s a great result, but everyone who is eligible for a free jab is being urged to get one, to help relieve pressure on the health system. Only 64 percent of New Zealanders aged 65 and over have had their flu vaccine.
- Now that businesses are no longer legally required to use My Vaccine Passes, the COVID-19 Public Health Response (COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate) Order 2021 has been revoked. This means only workers mandated to be vaccinated under the Government’s Vaccinations Order can apply for a temporary medical exemption and, if granted, the exemption is visible on their My Covid Record and the person can download a My Vaccine Pass. Unmandated workers and the general public can no longer apply for temporary medical exemptions and as a result the Ministry of Health will no longer be processing exemption applications for these groups of people.
COVID-19 Data & Digital
- An issue with the NCTS over the weekend that caused duplicate COVID-positive records to be generated has been resolved, although there is ongoing work to manage the duplicates. Thank you for your patience as the teams work as quickly as they can on this issue.
Noho ora mai
COVID Care in the Community Programme
Manatū Hauora, 133 Molesworth Street, Thorndon, Wellington 6011